Welcome to ZDaemon Competitive - the rebirth of ZDaemon competition!
Starting in September, we will be releasing single, international tournaments that run for a fortnight and allow up to 16 players. For now. We'll launch with Lazarus1j map04, one everyone will be familiar with.
Make sure you go join #ZDC in Chat and the Multiplayer Doom Federation in Discord for more tournaments and events.
Read ALL tournament rules below before you sign up.
You will be solely responsible for finding your opponents and and arranging your
games. Use the Forums primarily, followed by Chat, Discord, or Game Servers.
- You can register for a tournament with open registration. If the
tournament registration is not open, it will say 'Registration Closed'.
- You must sign up and play tournament games using the same primary alias you use to login to ZDaemon and ZLauncher Chat.
- You may only enter tournaments in one location per month (So if you sign up for Euro x/y then you can't sign up for USA x/y. 'World' Tournaments - by name - are available to all, and are exempt from this rule.
- If there are Open, Intermediate and Beginner Tournaments, you may only enter one of these. Further, you may also be moved from one to another should the administrator feel you are not in the tournament that reflects your skill.
- You may enter Old School and New School tournaments in the same location if they run in the same month.
- Aliases are not allowed. You must register AND play using the name with which you most frequently play. If we cannot verify your identity you will be removed from the registration for that event, and potentially banned from future tournaments.
- Soon after a tournament's registration is closed, the matches will be selected randomly by the tournament system software. The matches can then be viewed by clicking on the name of the tournament.
- You must play your match only on official tournament servers or admin
approved servers. If there is a dispute between you and your opponent as to which server should be played, then use the default servers that offer the fairest ping & connection to all players. Most neutral global option seems to be Ducks Canada servers. Others include: North America: Dwango United - New Jersey (East Coast), Europe: Ducks (France), [L@P] (Finland), Oceania: Borrowed Time (Sydney)
Contacting Your Opponent:
- It is up to YOU to contact your opponent to schedule a date/time/server to play on. This can be done by finding your opponent in the Forums and Chat tabs within ZDaemon Launcher.
- You MUST add #ZDC to your Extra Channels list found in ZLauncher/ZRC > Chat > Settings, and you must be in the channel at the time you agreed to play your match. If you do not meet your opponent at the agreed date and time or within a suitable time scale, you will be disqualified.
- You need to actively look for your opponent via Forums, Chat or Servers. If you can't see each other online then use the forums to call out your opponent by posting a reply in the correct tournament thread asking when they can play. This is proof that you made attempts to arrange to play your game in case of no-shows where admins need to consider who should be disqualified.
- If neither player shows up at the agreed upon date and time, or neither player chased the other to play their game, then both will be disqualified.
Playing Your Match:
- Any tournament games will only be counted if a callvote reset has been made when you're both ready to play. Both players must then join at the same time after the reset.
- If a player gets disconnected during the game simply reconnect and continue. Do not restart the game. Resume playing the match and do the math to keep track of who wins.
- No aliases allowed - you must play with your primary login which must be the same as your sign up name, with the exception of changing clans mid tournament.
- If it appears that someone other than the registered player has attempted to play the scheduled match, the registered player will be disqualified and banned from future tournaments.
- Both players MUST record demos of their matches and take screen shots of the final score. This will help the tourney admin to resolve any potential disputes.
- You may not start the next round if the current round is not yet complete, unless you have been given permission by the tournament administrators in special scenarios where games are being held up.
- Disputes will be settled by the tournament admin. The admin's decisions are final.
After Your Match:
- The winner of the match must use the ZDaemon forums. They must post the following information by reply to the correct tournament thread: Date the game was played; Game scores; A link to the server demos; a link to the client demos; and a link to screenshots of the results.