.: ZDaemon Competitive :.
Intl Duel Tournament #02 (New School)
Our first New School map choice is a simple yet fun one to warm fraggers to the concept of NS duel basics like freelook and jumping. ikbrowny, a masterpiece and one of a kind, with an old and trusted patch to remove excess health and blue armour. The frag limit will be docked to 35 for most NS duels to keep things short and sweet and fiery.
ZDC Duel tournaments will run for 14 days, concluding on the 15th of each month. It is your responsibility to find your opponents and play all your games before then.
Read ALL the tournament rules below before you sign up.
You will be solely responsible for finding your opponents and arranging your
games. Use both the ZDaemon Forums and Chat, or look for your opponent in-game.
- You can register for a tournament with open registration. If the
tournament registration is not open, it will say 'Registration Closed'.
- You must sign up and play tournament games using the exact same primary alias you use to login to ZDaemon and ZLauncher Chat.
- If multiple tournaments are running with the same wads but in different locations, you may only enter tournaments in one location per month (So if you sign up for Euro x/y then you can't sign up for USA x/y. 'Global' or 'International' Tournaments - by name - are available to all, and are exempt from this rule.
- If there are Open, Intermediate and Beginner Tournaments, you may only enter one of these. Further, you may also be moved from one to another should the administrator feel you are not in the tournament that reflects your skill.
- You may enter Old School and New School tournaments in the same location if they run in the same month.
- The ZDC Duel tournaments will run for 14 days, finishing on the 15th of each month. Players must be active and play all their matches during this time.
- Aliases are not allowed. You must register AND play using the exact name with which you most frequently use. If we cannot verify your identity you will be removed from the registration for that event, and potentially banned from future tournaments.
- Soon after a tournament's registration is closed, the matches will be selected randomly by the tournament system software. They may then undergo seeding by admins to help balance the tournament. The matches can then be viewed by clicking on the name of the tournament.
- You must play your match only on official tournament servers or admin
approved servers. If there is a dispute between you and your opponent as to which server should be played, then use the default servers that offer the fairest ping & connection to all players. Most neutral global option seems to be Ducks Canada servers. Others include: North America: Dwango United - New Jersey (East Coast), Europe: Ducks (France), [L@P] (Finland), Oceania: Borrowed Time (Sydney)
Contacting Your Opponent:
- It is up to YOU to contact your opponent to schedule a date/time/server to play on. This can be done by finding your opponent in the Forums and Chat tabs within ZDaemon Launcher.
- You MUST add #ZDC to your Extra Channels list found in ZLauncher/ZRC -> Chat -> Settings -> Extra Channels, and you must be in the channel at the time you agreed to play your match. If you do not meet your opponent at the agreed date and time or within a suitable time scale, you will be disqualified.
- You need to actively look for your opponent via Forums, Chat or Servers. If you can't see each other online then use the forums to call out your opponent by posting a reply in the correct tournament thread asking when they can play. This is proof that you made attempts to arrange to play your game in case of no-shows where admins need to consider who should be disqualified.
- If neither player shows up at the agreed upon date and time, or neither player chased the other to play their game, then both will be disqualified.
Playing Your Match:
- Any tournament games will only be counted if a callvote reset has been made when you're both ready to play. Both players must then join at the same time after the reset.
- If a player gets disconnected during the game simply reconnect and continue. Do not restart the game. Resume playing the match and do the math to keep track of who wins.
- No aliases allowed - you must play with your primary login which must be the same as your sign up name, with the exception of changing clans mid tournament.
- If it appears that someone other than the registered player has attempted to play the scheduled match, the registered player will be disqualified and banned from future tournaments.
- Both players MUST record demos of their matches and take screen shots of the final score. This will help the tourney admin to resolve any potential disputes.
- You may not start the next round if the current round is not yet complete, unless you have been given permission by the tournament administrators in special scenarios where games are being held up.
- Disputes will be settled by the tournament admin. The admin's decisions are final.
After Your Match:
- The winner of the match must use the ZDaemon forums. They must post the following information by reply to the correct tournament thread: Date the game was played; Game scores; A link to the server demos; a link to the client demos; and a link to screenshots of the results.